I took my M35 to the mud and snow

From: Henry (henrya@jps.net)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2000 - 20:50:01 PST

Hi all,
Well, I went out and tried my truck, I must be a novice, damn.
It drove very well there, on pavement, and climbed up a very steep road
with ease, but I had to put the front drive in. That was ok. It seemed to
do well in the mud, but when we hit the snow, it didn't seem to do any
better than my w350 dually. It went a way into the snow, ( 6" deep and
frozen solid), and just spun. It wouldn't dig through to the dirt for
traction.
Am I expecting to much?
I have 80% ND tires.
I thought I read that the drive axles were posi, or lockers, or something,
but that wasn't the case. Only one side spun.
Did I need more weight? It was empty.
Being the novice at deuce driving that I am, but not 4-wheeling, I am
hoping those with more experience, and intelligence, can help me not
embarrass myself in front of many people, again.
Everyone said as I pulled up, "wow, that will probably go any where", well,
I disappointed them.
It seems the one thing I can think of is that even though it's heavy, with
all those tires, the ground pressure isn't enough to allow it to dig in any
better than a pickup.
Please help, being single and having the cute babes laughing is
dis-heartening, and doesn't help a guy with the "after" stuff. :-) or I
mean :-(
Thanks
Henry

P.S. Feel free to chuckle, or down right laugh, if you want.