Point setting and timing? Flathead Ford

From: LEEnCALIF@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 02 2000 - 20:59:37 PST

Does anyone know the point setting or timing for the flathead Ford V/8 the
French use? This is the standard engine in the French SUMB troop carrier
which is far newer than any flatheads I ever worked on. This SUMB was built
in 1982.

Also wondering about top speed for this vehicle. It starts to get a high
speed wobble if I hit any little bump after 48 mph. Have to slow down. This
is unimog suspension... anyone know what can be done to fix it? The
suspension is tight... was thinking of alignment and adding an aftermarket
steering dampner.

Thanks in advance... Jack

Ferret Mk 2/3
SUMB