Alleged Unsafe Operation of Vehicle

From: The Jeep Dogs (jeepdogs@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Feb 05 2000 - 10:02:12 PST

Ladies and Gents,

I have recently heard of an incident, which if true is quite disturbing.
Allegedly, Mr Frank Buck, during the Fort Indiantown Gap WWII reenactment
was operating his M-18 in a reckless manner, needlessly operating at
excessive speed in the close proximity to personnel. Now, I know there are
folks that will always act irresponsibly with their vehicles, however, if
this incident is true, what is disturbing is that Frank Buck is a member of
the MVPA board isn't he?

While I was not a witness to the alleged incident, I know several folks that
have attested to what happened and they were all very unhappy. One, has
extensive experience in the Military with tracked vehicles (20+ years in the
military) and he was absolutely livid about the operation which needlessly
placed people's lives at risk.

If Mr Buck is on this list or this can be forwarded to him, I ask he please
provide a rebuttal to the accusation. This is serious business and if
true, he has no business being a board member of the MVPA.

My intent here is not to renew the discussion/agruement about the purpose or
composition of the MVPA board. Rather, my intent is to determine whether a
board member has acted in a manner inconsistent with the purpose and charter
of the MVPA, not to mention common sense.

Folks, I've thought long and hard before I posted this. I believe however,
if we simply let this incident go we are placing the future of the entire
hobby at risk. Should we wait until someone is maimed or killed before we
act?

Maybe I am all wet on this. This is why I would really like to hear Mr
Buck's side of the story.

Jim Rice
MVPA 16814