Re: [MV] M38 engine?

From: fv74@altavista.net
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 10:39:51 PST

Joe

A M38 engine serial number should start with a MC. You have a MB block with a later head. The head may be correct for a M38. This head should work on a MB engine. The only thing that I can think that may not work is the bypass hose between the late head and the MB water pump (if it has a MB water pump). MB's did not have this hose. I have a great running M38 engine in my MB, but I live in Pennsylvania.

Dave Fillman
45 MB