Re: [MV] USMC New Fast Attack Vehicle

From: Tom Norris (badger@telalink.net)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 10:07:59 PST

At 11:35 AM 02/08/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>*This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) Pro*
>Dear Listers.....
>
>just downloaded the latest photos of the new USMC vehicle which is to replace
>the FAV Mutt. Not very impressed. I'm sure the vehicle itself performs well,
>but it looks about as military as a Vauxhall Astra Estate (ooops....

Not a Vauxhall ( heehee ) but it is a variant of the Mercedes-Benz
GWagen. MB won the recent bid for the USMC FAV. The Mercedes
Gelaendewagen has been used in many other countries for some
time now in the same service, so it is quite military.

( see similar pics at http://4wd.sofcom.com/Mercedes/Gwagen/290GD.html )

Oh, yes and for funsies, got to babelfish.altavista.com and put in the word
Gelaendewagen and see what it translates it as!

Tom Norris
Manchester, TN USA