RE: [MV] Trailer ???

From: Norona, Mike (MNorona@amsuper.com)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 10:35:54 PST

Hi Todd and list,
The M116 series are 3/4-ton, 2-wheel trailer chassis only (no cargo box).
Specifically, the -A1 is listed (per TM 9-2330-202-14&P) as:

"Models M116A1 and M101A1 differ from early models M101 and M116 in that the
vehicular cable assembly is equipped with only one connector. These models
do not have an inertia-actuated hydraulic brake system." (Early models had
cables with connectors on both ends)

The M101 series are trailers with cargo box. It goes on to say that the -A2
series do have the hydraulic (anti-surge) brake system, and the M101A2 cargo
trailer also has a rear support leg, for loading/unloading, and (I've been
told) for generator models due to the extra weight, for balance.

Buzz me back if you need more specifics. Sorry, can't help with ID on the
M200 series, but if anyone needs the TM listed above (676 pages), I have
some.

- mazo mike
Mike Noroņa
Mazomanie, Wisconsin