GPW engine cleaning question

From: Bob Kelly (rkelly@firstunion-reit.com)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 09:40:33 PST

Hello,

I plan to remove my Willy's block from my frame to have the frame
commercially sandblasted. While the engine is sitting on my newly aquired
engine stand ($35 at Advance Auto Parts), I would like to degrease and paint
the block and Ford head a nice gray color.

Currently, my old cracked Willy's head is off and I am concerned with
getting degreaser, rinse water and debris in the innards. I am not
rebuilding the engine as that was done recently by the previous owner. I
just want to cosmetically clean it up.

I plan on using Gunk engine degreaser and flushing the exterior with water.
Any better suggestions?

Any suggestions on how to avoid contamination of the innards? Other than the
obvious like plugging the holes and so forth. Any suggestions for flushing
the thing while it is out to be sure it is as clean and free of junk as
possible before reassembly?

Thanks for your help, all.

Bob K.