Re: [MV] M-37 Question: Dual Master Cylinders and Drum Brakes

From: T. Hintopoulos (hint@northnet.org)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 10:04:07 PST

At 03:37 PM 2/10/00 -0500, Buzz Szarek wrote:
>*This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) Pro*
>My M215 and M35 brakes work similarly. They don't need a chack valve since
>the distance the shoes retreat from the drum is limited by an adjustable
>stop.

I don't have my info (TMs) in front of me, but isn't the check valve placed
downstream
at the airpack, right at the outlet going to the wheel cylinders.

Powerless hydralic brakes (Non-assist) have check valves at the MC.
Power brakes have them at the power assist (air or vacuum) unit.

Disc brake sections don't use them. The pads would drag for a long time before
they released. No retraction springs.

Drums brakes have retraction springs.
The check valves allow the pumping up of "low" brakes and prevention of
vacuum pockets which may help draw air or water into the system.

Ted H.