Re: [MV] Here's a fun challenge for you. (Mule related)

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 09:59:54 PST

Yes, the engines on the mules AND generators all make
that terrible howl, the fan is much louder than the
engine. One way to fix it would be to change the
shape of the blades so that they aren't the same but
that leads to the problem of how to balance it. This
is basically the same as making some of the 2 1/2 ton
trucks into whistlers, it depends on the frequency of
the air being vibrated as to whether its heard or not.

Hard to believe that the military would use a fan on a
5 Kw genset that makes so much noise.

Joe F.