Welding A2mule bed

From: Alan Zeichner (Alan.Zeichner@kp.org)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 10:10:41 PST

Does anybody out there know what type of rod is required to weld the magnesium beds on a A2 mule. I need the specific brand of rod if possible. Are these beds solid magnesium or is there a base metal in the alloy I need to be aware of. I have a broken bracket and a few holes that need to be filled. I imagine it will need to be Tig welded. I live in Marin county just north of San Francisco if someone knows of a qualified welder they could refer me to........Thanks for any help forthcoming....Alan