Re: [MV] transporting a vehicle

From: EdLortz@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 13:57:56 PST

hello list
    i have been following the list silently for a few months, recommended by
one of your members. i have recently acquired the 48' cj-2a my mother gave my
stepfather for a wedding present decades ago, currently being restored by a
nephew (the jeep, not my stepfather or mother).
    as far as transporting, two have been recommended. one is Passport
(800-325-4267) out of st louis.
the other is Pony Express. i haven't talked to them yet. probably neither is
cheap, but you can save several hundred if it is running. for nonrunning, my
first quote was $1200 door to door, mo to ca.
        ed lortz
        san francisco

kt asked:
<< Does anyone know of an inexpensive transport company? >>