Water Distribution Tube out!

From: Gil Huguley (Gil@huguley.com)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 19:06:15 PST

Thanks to everyone who responded. The water distribution tube was hanging up on a lip at the front of the block. Once I pried it over the obstruction, it came out easily.

The tube itself is in almost new condition. Given the amount of rust in the water passages, I am very surprised. There is absoloutely no rust on the tube. Guess I got lucky for once.

Engine is next going to machine shop for boilout, measurement, magnaflux, and zyglo. Any problems found will be corrected, but I am not expecting any more as a visual inspection shows very little wear.

Oh yes, thanks for all the help with the broken head bolts. All six responded to heat and Kroil penetrant.

Regards,

Gil