Re: [MV] Deuce And A Half Info

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 20:12:17 PST

<< Dear Mr. Doyle:
 I have read many of your informative posts over the past months and
obviously you are
 a very informed man. Would you care to give us YOUR version of the truth?
 Peace,
 Charles

Charles,
My version is pretty much summed up in my original response, which is as
follows (along with a little elaboration later). I believe Mr. Turchet and I
are both stating truths, as these are TRUTHFULLY our (differing) opinions.

> While I always respect Mr. Turchet's opinion, in the case of this article
> there are many things that I disagree with him on. I have found all of
mine
> to be fine, enjoyable vehicles to own, and compared to the expense some of
my
> friends have run into on smaller vehicles, I find the M35 series relatively
> cheap to own and operate.

My main disagreement is regarding the Multi-Fuel engine. Granted, my trucks
are rarely WORKED, (unless you call pulling my buddies engineless (for the
moment) M5A1 up onto a lowboy work!) but they have been quite trouble free.
Oil and oil and fuel filter changes are the extent of the work on all but 1
of mine. The single exception having injection pump problems when I got it
from DRMO. And I have yet to have to adjust the points, choke, carb or change
plugs on a multifuel. Basically get fuel and air into cylinder and it runs,
and runs, and runs.
They don't have a great ride, don't have power steering, and don't lend
themselves to a lot of things, but most of us (and MV mags readers) are
playing with this stuff for fun.