Re: [MV] Deuce And A Half Info

From: islander (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 00:51:04 PST

Hello Steve,

I've been following this Deuce discussion with much interest as I know
someone looking to aquire a later model Deuce and a Half.

>MY rule of thumb for any MV is that take whatever it says on the data plate
>for the maximum speed and subtract 5 mph from that and do not exceed that
>lower speed. You will me much happier with the truck...

I thougth like this too until I bought myself a copy of the WWII training
film for Weasel crews (obviously I own one <g>). Although the rated
speed is 36 mph, the film states that crusing speed should not be faster
than 25 mph. That is an almost 30% reduction, which is no small
difference!!

Steve