Re: [MV] M35A2 Tires and Care

From: Rich Weinkauf (RWeinkauf@msn.com)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 17:06:49 PST

> I just purchased some tires for my deuce and they appear to be recaps?
Did
> the Army recap tires?

My truck came from the DRMO with 4 recaps on the back. They were
sufficiently different in size to cause drag back there.

My advice is to buy replacements from the many vendors selling 80%+ tread
used. I purchased a set of 10 from JTB Surplus in Twin Lakes, Michigan.
They were Armstrongs, 8 of the 10 were virtually brand new, and the other
two had better than 90% tread. All were less than two years old. $40 each.

Rich
Rich Weinkauf, N8QLT
HummerID: 97.5 Fly Yellow Wagon
1971 Kaiser M35A2 MVPA #20486