[MV] early M37 color

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 03:03:21 PST

When I redid my M135, it also had the light green paint under semi-gloss
that was under the Civil Defense blue. George Baxter, of Army Jeep Parts,
Bristol, PA, advised me that he supplies the correct light green paint for
early M Series vehicles. On the M135 and M211, there's a fording cap on
the dash and on the inside of this cap on my truck is the exact match to
the late WWII, early M Series paint. He didn't have a number for it, just
AJP WWII (I think semi-gloss). This same color is under the 24087 dark
OD on my 1952 M37. George @ AJP: 215-788-6012
The paint is Gillespi Coatings, same brand Rapco sells, but I don't recall
Rapco offering this color. I was told Baxter had it special made. I put
seven gallons of it on my M135 and it looks great
Joe
@joeyoung.com