M151A1 25amp prop

From: LSyman@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 06:30:51 PST

I know electric motors and generators are similar contraptions depending on
which way the energy is flowing but I had a funny thing happen to my M151A1
which has a 25 amp charging system. After I shut the jeep off I heard a
strange noise comming from under the hood. Upon further inspection I found
the generator was running like an electric motor. I tried switching the
ignition on and off but that did not stop it. After a few more seconds it
switched off on its own. I have had the mutt for about a year and its never
done this before. Also the previous owner converted it to a keyed ignition
with a starter relay in place of the foot switch. Any ideas? My guess would
be the voltage regulator is going.
Jeff
TacticalTruck.com