RE: [MV] M37 B

From: Norona, Mike (MNorona@amsuper.com)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 07:11:33 PST

Everett,
These are "Bead Lock Clips". Purpose is to secure tire to rim, however tire
shops generally will discard them, saying they're not necessary, and don't
want to be bothered with them. I originally had one wheel with them, but
have run 27 years without, no problems at all...very few (if any) trucks
have them, in fact. Only for a 100% restoration you would include them.
You'll notice most pictures in the TM's don't even show them.
If you decide not to use them, I'm willing to pay fair market value,
generally $1 each, tho' I've seen them up to $2.
- mazo mike
Mike Noroņa
Mazomanie, Wisconsin
'51 V-41 (with M37 cargo box)