Re: [MV] Fuel Caps

From: Everett Doyle (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 14:52:13 PST

I can not aded anthing to gas cap question except I got an M37 few months
back had one like you describe. Looks like big bottle cap or something

Have you seen the cap you and I are familiar with that has a piece welded on
it and hole drilled in the tongue thing that was welded on cap and matching
hole in body so you can put a lock in it. My 151al has one and was at
show last summer and fellow said that was a common thing in NAM to keep
some one from wrapping grenade in tape or rubber band then pulling pin and
dropping in tank -- when gasoline melted rubber grenade would go off. He
said he had never seen one stateside and wondered if my vehicle had been
over and come back. I told him I did not think the army brought anything
back.