Re: [MV] Looking for M656 series info

From: Daniel Terp (dterp@tallcity.com)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 13:39:28 PST

Yes, it came as a 5 ton cargo hauler, an expandable van and as a
tractor. Ran the 6 cyl. turbocharged multifuel engine. I understand it
was used largely as support for the Pershing missile system, but I
haven't been able to verify this. The van version served as fire
control, and the cargo version hauled personnel and supplies.

I understand there was also a version built by GM, but it was not
sucessful for some reason I haven't been able to determine yet. Only a
few were built. I don't know if anyone else made one.

Hard to find info on the post WWII vehicles.