M998 HMMWV bias ply tire without bead lock

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Sat Feb 19 2000 - 10:18:44 PST

One response to my question about remounting the Goodyear Wrangler
36x12.5-16.5 LT bias-ply tires on military 8-bolt split rims after
removing the two-piece magnesium runflats said that he thought that I
might be entering uncharted territory.

Before I remove the runflats from the rest of my wheels, does anybody
know of any potential problems in running the 36" Wrangler bias-ply
tires on 8-bolt rims without bead locks?

My truck will be used primarily for on-road driving, and I will
consider re-installing the runflats before doing any serious off-road
driving if necessary.

Please note that with the two-piece magnesium runflats, there is not a
separate beadlock. The runflat itself serves as a beadlock. If you're
not familiar with them, see pictures at:

    http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/greentruck/HMMWVtires/toc.html

Thanks in advance for any more advice!

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/