Re: [MV] M998 HMMWV bias ply tire without bead lock

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Feb 19 2000 - 12:04:44 PST

> One response to my question about remounting the
> Goodyear Wrangler
> 36x12.5-16.5 LT bias-ply tires on military 8-bolt
> split rims after
> removing the two-piece magnesium runflats said that
> he thought that I
> might be entering uncharted territory.
>
> Before I remove the runflats from the rest of my
> wheels, does anybody
> know of any potential problems in running the 36"
> Wrangler bias-ply
> tires on 8-bolt rims without bead locks?
+++++++++
My thoughts only:

The reason the "run-flats" are used is because you
wouldn't want to have to change a tire while someone's
trying to shove mortar rounds down your shorts. You
probably won't have that motivator even while trail
riding. You'll still get flats, you'll still have to
fix them. Is it going to be easier to change the tire
without them in there?

Joe

http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/greentruck/HMMWVtires/toc.html