Re: [MV] M998 HMMWV bias ply tire without bead lock

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Sat Feb 19 2000 - 12:29:01 PST

>..., does anybody
>know of any potential problems in running the 36" Wrangler bias-ply
>tires on 8-bolt rims without bead locks?

Why wrangler's? The quality went down hill so bad that I stopped buying
them, my original wranglers from 1984 are now back on that truck with over
150k miles on them, all the rest blew the side walls out, starting with the
newest ones which did not even last 50k. If you want to talk to or hear
from a large number of former wrangler users, now not, check out
alt.autos.dodge.trucks on usenet, you'll get an ear full.

>My truck will be used primarily for on-road driving, and I will
>consider re-installing the runflats before doing any serious off-road
>driving if necessary.

If you were doing off roading, I'd suggest tubes unless there is some
specific reason not to.

je