Re: [MV] M-35 A-2 C

From: Jason Barron (jdknetts@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Feb 19 2000 - 15:27:50 PST

Hi all again! Yeap, I follow M-35 (and 5-ton) stuff with great interest...
With regards to the M-35- how different is driving one of the M-35s than a
fully loaded 26ft U-Haul (towing a car on a trailer as well)? Note:
U-Haul's power steering was out, but that only really affected the tight
turns...
Oh- Here's another question: I noted a while back, that someone mentioned
that switching from Low to Hi on the fly tore up the gear boxes-- can
anyone please give more details? One more thing- I know how hydraulic
brakes work, and I know how air brakes work, but how does an air over
hydraulic system work? I have several ideas, but I'd rather ask and get
facts than not ask and just have speculation... Thanks
    Just my two cents here, but since I'm still trying to decide if a 17
year-old even belongs in a CAR, I really don't even think that I want to
touch that subject with a ten-foot-pole! Other than to say, a jeep OK I
guess, but anything bigger than they could get their hands on in the
civilian market just sends shivers down my spine.
    Someone (I WILL learn names, but for now, sorry I can't remember your
name...) mentioned that I should wait several years before tackling an
M-35, well, because of my experiences I am not exactly the typical 18
year-old, but then, because of those experiences I can't help but agree
whole-heartedly!
Also to the topic of a clinic on how to operate your Mil-Veh-- I think that
this is an EXCELENT Idea and would be one of the first to sign up (if I had
a Mil-Veh that is).
Wow- I finally managed to keep the message size down! Woo-hoo!
Have a great day All,
    Jason Barron