Re: [MV] M-35 A-2 C

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Sat Feb 19 2000 - 14:30:52 PST

In a message dated 2/19/00 2:25:17 PM Central Standard Time,
JNEER@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< Now what I need to find out is how the manifold heater works, what it
does, and when to
 use it! So much to learn.... >>

I am not quoting manual here just going from memory....
When you push the manifold heat switch on as you turn the engine over, fuel
is sprayed into the intake, and its is ignited by a glorified spark plug,
allowing you to suck hot air (flame) into cylinders. Since this is a
compression ignition engine, the air temp is what ignites the main fuel
charge, having hot air to start with this makes this easier. Here in west Tn
the temp is RARELY low enough to require this, as my Multifuels start in the
first rev or so even in the 20's.
Enjoy!!
David Doyle