Re: [MV] Windshields down

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Sun Feb 20 2000 - 20:09:37 PST

I was running with open windshield on my truck, a '48 GMC cab-over, back in
the fifties. No problem. I run my M35A2 with the windshields open; no problem.
But, if I drop the windshield down (the original topic), I'm begging for a
ticket.
I am tempted to challenge the law by wearing New Jersey DOT approved eye
wear, but since they have a law that requires me to have the approved goggles
on when I ride my Harley, I have a problem. There is no approved eye wear
listed in the NJ Motor Vehicle Code! Yes, we get tickets even when we're
wearing $90. motorcycle goggles when "the man" wants to hit us. So, I could
still get a ticket while driving with my m-v windshield down and wearing
goggles.
Joe Young