Re: [MV] Windshields down

From: Gordon.W.I. McMillan (gwim2@student.open.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 01:51:18 PST

Well, as I understand it, there is no legal requirement for a screen in
the UK if the vehicle was originally constructed and used without one. If
it does have one it needs to be safety glass, etc, etc.

Worth noting that in the UK the requirement for windscreen washers depends
on the screen. ANY vehicle which requires automatic windscreen WIPERS has
to have WASHERS too, with no exceptions. Of course where 'we' score is
that a vehicle does not require automatic windscreen wipers if the screen
'hinges or folds in such a way as to present a clear and unobstructed view
to the front' (not an accurate quote)

So my DUKW and Dodges not not require windscreen wipers, while my 20 mph
Sno-Cat does, and really should have washers too.

Gordon