Re: Re: [MV] Windshields down

From: MVBOATNUT@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 13:39:23 PST

Can anyone tell me what the legal situation is regarding driving a vehicle
with it's windscreen folded down?

Here in Wisconsin it's been illegal for about 4 years. The insurance lobby
rammed it through the legislature to specificly target owners of late model
Jeeps.

I was returning home from a local Fourth of July parade three years ago,
driving my GPW with the W/S down. (The only way to drive a Jeep in July!) I
noticed a police car followed me for a few blocks. At the first stoplight he
pulled along side, studied my Jeep and asked, "Is it a Ford or a Willys?"

Andy LaBorde