Windshields down in Massachussetts, or not

From: OldJeeps@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 14:21:57 PST

I agree with Patricia.

I took my MB to Nantucket Island. I figured an island without ANY traffic
lights there would be minimal traffic worries. I would logically be allowed
to drive the Jeep with the windshield down through town and on the beach.

Not according to the Massachussetts State Police. I no longer can quote it
chapter and verse, but I lost the argument.

I also have an M170 ambulance, and they don't consider the wheel house
cushions to be seats, so to them, it is a 2 passenger vehicle. Very annoying
since I bought it to haul more people to the beach by letting them sit on the
pads on the wheelhouse the way the manual shows it.