Re: [MV] Abandoned M-37 - Update

From: D Paradise (deanparadise@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 00:00:49 PST

Dear List-

Thank you all for your input into this. I've gotten lots of advice....

"I would... if I were you... vehicle probably has been there for years.....
I would haul it off for him... paperwork to follow... where is it... I was
looking for one....

mike "

" find a towing company that will do a lein sale on it for you..... that
will give
>you a clear new title.....I got my jetski trailer the same way...for a
>buck....."

>D Paradise wrote:

> > If you have followed my earlier posts you will know that I have
>discovered
> > an M-37 that has been sitting in a local contractors yard here in So
>Cal.
theyard owner is extremely anxious to get
> > rid of the vehicle since he is cleaning his "yard". He made it clear he
> > wants it out. The M-37 is owned by his nephew but he will not return his
>calls.
> >
> > He wants it off his property, claims that it > is abandoned.

I have discovered that this is routinely done by towing companies. Its a
fairly simple process but requires a 30 day waiting period once towed off
the site, then pay the towing company and it's yours.
After a threat of towing it away the owner finally called, and wants to get
rid of it. He has no place to put it.

I will make a closer inspection this week.......between the rains out
here.......stay tuned.......