Re: [MV] Thanks for the fuel additive info.

From: fv74@altavista.net
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 04:47:05 PST

Fred

On most overhead valve engines, you can reestablish the TDC timing mark with a TDC indicating tool. These are sold by most speed shops and some auto parts stores. You can make your own tool by gutting a spark plug and threading the inside. Use a piece of all thread and a nut to lock it. Put the all thread in the plug leaving about an inch sticking out and lock it with the nut. Remove all the spark plugs and install the tool in #1 hole. CAREFULLY turn the engine by hand until the piston hits the tool and mark the pulley. Then turn the engine the other way until the piston hits again. Mark the pulley and split the difference. This is TDC. This is standard procedure for timing race motors.

Dave Fillman
45 MB

The task of timing this engine