Re: [MV] M715 fuel additive question.

From: T. Hintopoulos (hint@northnet.org)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 08:59:52 PST

I've found that the "lead subs" aren't worth much. They have only
given me about 10-12,000 miles on a base M38 flathead 4 before valve recession
took it out.

I've since gone the route of seats and good valves and passive rotators.

>The 230 OHC is somewhat costly to do the valve job
>on...the seats aren't too bad

The M715 230 already has the harden seats and positive rotators.
The civi 230 didn't and suffered the valve recession.

On a soft engine, the "subs" only bought me a few extra miles. If you use
these gas green machines at all, the engines get worked. They are not your
typical Chevy V8 in an MB type machine (power to weight ratio) where you will
never see this type of valve problem.

Just some thoughts....

                Ted H.