[MV] M38CDN holes in body

From: rejan@escape.ca
Date: Sat Feb 26 2000 - 13:02:13 PST

Just got told that my father's M38CDN may have been a radio truck, as it has
holes on top of the rear fender well.

What type of radio was used on these Jeeps? What should we look for with
respect to holes in the body? This probably means we have to find all the
radio equipment for it now, including the associated wiring and brackets.
Where's the best place to look for this stuff?

Also, does anybody have diagrams as to the location of any and all possible
drilled holes on an M38CDN for any equipment in addition to a radio and
related hardware?

While on the radio subject: can one actually use an older military radio?
what is their range? do you need a permit to operate one (in Canada). Any
info on this would be appreciated.

Thanks all!

Rej