Re:[MV] Cheapo Harbor Freight sandblaster actually works!

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 03:01:11 PST

Lisa,
Check with your local auto parts stores for 100 lb bags of 00 (Double Ought)
or 000 (triple). I but it by the 30 bag pallet, but the local parts store has
it, too.
I get some there when I run out during a job. This sand is already sifted and
washed and is for the job. If you get what I get, it's Silica sand and a darn
good respirator must be worn -- the stuff's dust is harmful to your lungs.
Some
other sand, not as good as silica, is playground sand from a lumberyard or
hardware store. It's washed, but very coarse. The 00 is coarse, but not like
playground. The 000 is fine and gives a smoother finish, but takes longer to
to get results.
Joe Young