Re: [MV] Windshields down

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 10:51:50 PST

--- DaveCole <davidcole@tk7.net> wrote:
> *This message was transferred with a trial version
> of CommuniGate(tm) Pro*
> All I can say is like the add says, "Texas is like
> a whole nother country". That
> wouldn't fly in Indiana unless a person had a
> uniform on, such as a guard uniform.
>
> But like the gun situation, the MV situation seems
> to be just as bad regarding
> consistency in licensing, CDL applicaton etc. As
> much as I hate to think about
> it, the Feds should really try and apply some
> pressure to the states for some
> consistency. Especially in the area of CDL or not
> CDL.
+++++
They did, that's how the CDL came to be. But the
states have the authority to tell the Feds to go away
which they did in some cases that pertain to what goes
on inside the states. The Feds only claim to
authority was in the area of Interstate Commerce
which, of course, could only apply to commercial
drivers. Now IF a state wants to go along with the
Fed's way of doing things they can, its up to them.

The states still do have rights but, like us, they
only get what they're willing to stand up for.

But that's a small scene from a much bigger picture.

Joe F.