Re: [MV] M38A1s anyone, POC now

From: Thomas M Mc Hugh (tmmchugh@juno.com)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 05:34:51 PST

Hi Rob,

I do not think you should send people to Jones Parts. She seemed anoyed
that I even stopped. Maybe if her husband had been around it might
hasve been different. She was pleasant, but, not in a selling ,mode.

When I stopped at Woodrow Jones Auto Parts, she said she was not selling
anything. Her Husband is planning to rebuild ALL 17 JEEPS prior to even
considering selling any parts.

I even saw a rear seat and tried to buy it. No way, it was a sad trip.
 BUT< I THANK YOU FOR TRYING !

PLEASE NOTE: If you are in any way a personal friend of either of the
owners, I would be eternally grateful if you could talk them into
considering the sale of the rear seast & cushions. It is something
that I weant in the jeep for the Memorial Day Parade. As a Retired
First Sgt, I want only original parts in my jeep. It will bring back
the good old days, when the Army was great and the troops wanted to be
there or would do their job for the period of draft. There are too
many free loaders init now.

I plan to writer to them and attempt to get the seat. I am hoping the
husband is more flexible.

You were more than correct, it is a treasure trove of M38A1 equipment.

AGAIN - THANKS ROB !

Please keep in touch, I would appreciate knowing what they say, or think
now. How about sending your full name & address. Include your phone
number again.

I might lose everything that was on the old laptop I was using for email
in Florida. It was a junk one that was made to work, but has no printer
capability, so I must send all messages to myself and hope they will make
it to the home computer

QUESTION: Can I send you something for your trouble of returning my
calls from Florida ???? The stop was the highlight of the 2 day
ride home just seeing that stack of M38A1's. It made me drool.

My jeep is about to have the complete body off restoration started this
month. As I said the goal is Memorial Day Parade,.with the Grand
Marshall riding in it.

Tom McHugh, New Jersey
52 M38A1 Ser # 20282
MVPA # 20225

On Wed, 1 Mar 2000 10:30:08 EST MadSkier1@aol.com writes:
>*This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(tm)
>Pro*
>Well, yesterday I passed by the place again on my way to the DRMO. On
>the
>way back home, I stopped in. The person in charge of selling the
>M38A1s
>wasnt there, but I got the name of the place and phone number, only
>problem
>is that I've misplaced the number. Anyway, the place is called:
>
>Woodrow Jones Parts, Inc.
>located in Pink Hill, NC
>
>I'll look for the number later, but if anyone calls infiormation and
>gets the
>number, post it please. I'll keep looking for the number also.
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>Rob

>To unsubscribe, send e-mail to: <mil-veh-off@uller.skylee.com>
>To switch to the DIGEST mode, send e-mail to
><mil-veh-digest@uller.skylee.com>
>Send administrative queries to <mil-veh-request@uller.skylee.com>

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.