Re: [MV] Sandblast alternative Pressure washer?

From: Everett Doyle (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 15:58:23 PST

In real life I manufacture sell and repair these machines -- they do a good
job but rust returns almost instantly. There some compounds some alkaline
and some acid that contain phosphates to keep steel from rusting; results
are not as good as they should be.

A wash with a dilute Phosphoric acid solution seems to be best cure for
flash rust will remove rust and does not have to be removed prior to
painting.

Be aware that this is harder on sheet metal than sandblasting -- more likely
to warp light metal.

But on plus side can be done with face shield goggles long sleeved shirts
and gloves. No dust.

It works as advertised - works best with two people at least doing work.

If I can be of more help write me off list and I will try to answer
questions.

*