Re: [MV] Some sand-blast answers

From: DaveCole (davidcole@tk7.net)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 17:39:35 PST

It gets back to what is reasonable and what is not. In most cities you can't
legally change your own oil from your car. Proper disposal of old oil,
contaminated rags, old filters, etc. But people do it everyday. I don't think
it would be too smart to sandblast an MV in the middle of the city outside, but it
is done to buildings and bridges frequently.

I think you just have to apply common sense and hope for the best. If I knew of a
better solution than sandblasting I'd have my sandblaster up for sale. As of now,
I don't think there is a good substitute.

Example of a lack of common sense....
When I was about 18, my friend rented a sandblaster and a large gas powered
compressor and sandblasted his pickup truck in his driveway. His house was on a
75 foot wide lot!

Dave