[MV] Rust treatments.

From: Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 04:20:49 PST

At 20.33 02/03/00 +0700, GAVIN wrote:
>Hi All Y'all,
>
>There is a product available from Wuerth that is of a milky consistency and
>it turns purple/black as it reacts with any oxidation.
>Cures in 3 hours in the UK and in 10 bloody minutes out here!
>It should be noted, however, that it is useless on clean metal and some
>oxidation must be present for it to react and bond.
>Gavin

Mar 3 2000

Gavin,
I think we have something similar here. When it comes out from the bottle
it is white and becomes purple/black on reacting with the oxidation. It is
called "Ferox" and you can buy it in auto or hardware shops.
Get Them Rolling!

Raimondo - M.V.P.A. 15878
(Need for presents or collection decorative ceramics? For original
handmade Italian ceramics of Capodimonte, please, check here:
http://www.ceramicofnaples.it)