RE: [MV] Bumper numbers

From: Rayfield , Robert S Jr Mr DUSA-IA/Techmatics (RayfieldRS@hqda.army.mil)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 11:08:44 PST

The marking is painted on in flat black paint on top of camo carc paint or
desert camo paint, in black with a "USMC" and a (usually six digit) vehicle
serial number. These are on the sides of the hood and the rear bumper. A
unit tactical mark (tac mark) of four (I just called someone in the wing and
they apparently have five) digits is painted in flat black paint on the
sides of the doors. I have not seen USMC tactical vehicles with markings
using black decals or stickers.

R.S. RAYFIELD, JR.
Maj USMC (Ret)