Diesel Fuel Spray Warning

From: Richard Tait (rtait@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Mar 04 2000 - 22:14:01 PST

List,
If you are in a hurry and insist on holding a gas station pump nozzle
with one hand and reaching over and starting the pump with the other,
please make sure you have the nozzle in your fuel tank filling spout and
that the previous user did not lock the trigger "on". I didn't do this
tonight and shot Diesel fuel all over the side of my M1009 Blazer. The
pump burped out about a quart of fuel before shutting down. It could
have been worse - I could have sprayed myself. That would have been
interesting when I met my friends for dinner a short time later.

Diesel fuel is hard to clean off windows at night in the rain.
The school of hard knocks: official colors, black and blue.

Matt Tait
Fullerton, CA