Re: [MV] M37 Progress Report & Head Questions

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 17:37:00 PST

>.... Use a drop of
>"non-removable" thread locker on each stud. This will seal the threads in the
>block and help prevent the studs from turning when you remove the nuts at some
>later date. Threadlocker is especially recommended for any holes that go
all the
>way through into the water jacket.

Good advice (as always!)

I would also add that you can use N or T primer (from Locktite) and have an
even more permanent bond. Check label of threadlocker for which one.

I have had good results using the Locktite pipe thread sealer on studs that
are thru into the water jacket. Not as permanent as the red or green stuff
but it seals better.

je