Re: [MV] HELP! Reality check on M8 Greyhound Purchase

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 19:05:49 PST

I know nothing about M8 & M20 armored cars, but....

Do you want a "factory class" vehicle or a motor pool class? To me, motor
pool much more fun, you are not afraid of climbing in out and over vehicle,
wading down bushes, or driving in the rain. I have a friend with factory
class vehicles, it he only particaptes in about 1/4 of the local club events
because of his concern about rain, or road film, or even driving.

If you are after motor pool, the vehicle sounds like it is pretty close to
there already.

I can certainly understand the sellers desire for a cash transaction, but it
is YOUR money, which let you have a certain amount of control.

Big sticking point in my mind is the paper trail. I think I'd insist he
provide a good clear title on the unit. If he wants your money, he'll do it.

Got no idea how this rest of the world feels about the price, but then again
it really doesn't matter. The real question is is it worth 40K to you? If
it is, buy it, if not don't. I sell older Lionel trains (among other things)
for a living, and face the question daily. I can tell you all day how a
particular locomotive is worth 500.00 according to the book, but if its not
worth even 100.00 to you, your not likely to buy, even if a "bargain" price
of 300.00. If on the other hand its the one you've always wanted, or the
last one to complete your collection, or just like the one you had as a kid,
you might gladly pay 600.00.

You are potentially opening YOUR billfold, not mine or ours, what is the M8
worth to you?

My .02,
David Doyle