Re: [MV] M151A2s in Desert Storm??? - CNN

From: F. Brian Mead (brian@hardscrabblefarm.com)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 08:09:21 PST

BTW, A buddy of mine who used to work at CNN said that the Persian Gulf War was
the only "event" that they kept ALL footage from. Most times, they keep the good
stuff and throw away the rest. (recycle tapes) However, for the persian gulf war,
they kept everything, including the stuff they downloaded off satelites that no
one watched because they would have, how shall I say, lost their lunch. As they
were getting the footage, the reporter would tell them when to look away & when
they could look again. Not a pretty site if they didn't look away fast enough.
    Hmmm, wouldn't you like to look thru some of that stuff for good vehicle
shots...

Brian