Re: [MV] AMG response Military Humvee

From: RoughDoc@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 10:50:16 PST

I'd be more comfortable blaming this policy on the legal department, and
their knowledge of our legal system, than I would to blame AMG per se.

Manufacturers of military equipment have a far lower standard of liability
than do manufacturers of equipment for regular civilian use.

With a very limited audience of buyers for their commercial products, and the
high prices, they have not to many problems. Imagine if every idiot around
started driving vehicles designed for off-road, on-road. The audience
wouldn't be limited to just folks like us.

I don't like AMG's policy, but understand it, in our current "trial-lawyer"
run judicial system.

Doc