Re: [MV] FLAME ME! Whimpering response...(long and boring, don'tread)

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 20:36:12 PST

>Right! Right? NO ONE HAS A RIGHT to these vehicles EXCEPT the person who
>signed the contract for them!

Exactly Right...... we the people paid for this stuff and thus we the people
have a right to get it back when the government, who is our servant, is
through with them.

> You, like many others confuse "right" with
>privilege. For instance, I have the "privilege" to have a drivers license

I don't confuse anything, I know where my rights come from... do you? It
aint the government!

As to driving being a privilege, this is not true. It is generally required
that one pay a tax to obtain a card that claims one is allowed to drive on
the public roadways, right? Ok then, is there such a license for driving or
riding a horse on public roadways? No, so then if traveling via a conveyance
is a privilege and not a right, then why were not horse riding licenses
implemented back in the 1700's? Make no mistake about it, drivers licenses
are about collecting money and keeping track of you.

> Our "rights" are not entirely unique to the US, our privileges are,

Name another country where the 'rights' of citizens are inalienable (not
granted by the government)?

je