Re: [MV] Humvee Parts]

From: jim gilmore (jgilmore@oeonline.com)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 13:23:10 PST

Tom wrote:
>> Another gentleman with as many tons of Humvee parts or maybe even more,
than the guy
>> in New Carlisle is George Pretty, Surplus Enterprises in Sturgis
Michigan. Also George is
>> honest which is a plus !!!!!!!!
>> humvee@net-link.net
>> www.humv.com
>> 616 651 3707

      I'll second what Tom says. George is a old friend of mine and has
been dealing with Hummers since I found him a dozen or so way back in 1989.
(They had come, via a scrap dealer, from AMG's testing facility here near
Detroit and some had very low miles on them. In fact my Hummer only had
2,200 miles on it. To show you how much these have appreciated in value, I
paid the scrapper $4,000.00 for it (in 1989) and had it running two days
later! ). George and Chuck Dadlow bought out TONS of new military Hummer
parts right from the factory several years ago.

      I spoke to George yesterday and he said that he had several HUMVEE's
from the recent auction for sale for about $18 K right now. These are not
restored and he has not had the time to get them up and running. If you
want a "cheep" HUMVEE and missed the auction......here's your chance.

--Jim