Re: [MV] Disconnecting middle axle. Interested in peoples opinions.

From: Todd Logan (bugdaddy66@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 21:28:19 PST

Howdy list;
Semi tractors that have more than one drive axle often have an air operated
interlock to disengage/engage other axle as traction demands. Normal
operation is with single axle driving. It has been a long time since I was a
teen working in a truck shop, but it seems that they were common on
rockwells like our trucks have. anybody know a good truck mech to ask? would
sure be nice to operate from the seat like the "Big(er) Rigs" do!

Todd Logan
68 M35A2
71 W200 Air Force Crewcab
pictures at http://people.montana.com/~pln5537/page2.html