Re: [MV] Original Jeeps in... Belgium

From: Mike (tankcity@globalnet.co.uk)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 00:00:46 PST

Without getting into a slanging match as to what these Jeeps are worth, I
can add the following. They came out of Greece about 7/8 years ago. They
will all be original Fords or Willys. They were well used things when sold
by the Greek Army and had been badly maintained but they were very original
right down to original WW2 US bar grip tyres with valve protectors! I can
say all this because we had about 160 of them at about the same time. You
would be crazy to buy one at $7,500 without a personal inspection. WW2
Jeeps are not generally available in France, certainly not direct in the
Army sales and, even more certainly, no longer at $1500 - think more like
$7,500, but probably in better condition than the Belgian ones and then not
by the container load. You could probably get them into the States without
a Form 6 but surely for about $8000 you could find a nice restored one
locally and without all that hassle. Mike @ RR Services.