Re: [MV] Tap-in rivets needed

From: INDUSTELE@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 06:51:08 PST

Gavin, I'm not sure exactly what type rivet you're calling a tap in helical
rivet. I had to look pretty hard to find the exact rivets for my
reproduction FT-250 radio mounts. Two places I would suggest are
McMaster-Carr at http://www.mcmaster.com/ or the company I ended up buying
my rivets from Sho Rivet Company in Pennsylvania, their home page is
http://hometown.aol.com/shorivetco/myhomepage/index.htm...

McMaster will sell you 100 rivets, while Sho has a minimum order of $100 -
which incidently bought me 5,386 1/8" tubular rivets for my radio mounts.
I'm now the 1/8" rivet king of Alabama. Sho was the only one that made the
exact rivet I needed. These are the type that fit through a pre drilled 1/8"
hole and are flattened down on the back side with a hammer and a punch.
These are 1/4" long and are intended to hold a 3/32" plate to a 1/8" plate.
If this happens to be what you are looking for, let me know as I happen to
have a couple hundred (make that thousand) extra that I can share.

McMaster-Carr probably has those retainer pins you are looking for as well.

Tom Campbell - Birmingham, Alabama